Bonaventure Realty Group (Bonaventure) is a real estate private equity company headquartered in Arlington, VA which was founded in 1999. Bonaventure specializes in multifamily asset management, development, and redevelopment, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern US. Bonaventure is fully integrated to oversee every phase of the acquisition, management, and disposition of our properties.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package. It includes a very generous contribution to our group health plan, dental coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, and most importantly, we match 50% of the first 6% on our 401(k) plan. We offer 20 vacation/PTO days.
Our Mission Statement:
To continually exceed the expectations of our employees, customers, and investors. Provide our employees with a fun environment for personal growth, financial security, and career advancement while fostering a “sense of family.” Strive to ensure that our customers and investors receive exceptional service and value; they have a choice and they chose us.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to serve as Groundskeeper for a rapidly growing and dynamic property management organization. This position is responsible for assisting with the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal and customer satisfaction. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a passionate team of A players, committed to Bonaventure’s formula for success: Happy Employees=Happy Customers=Successful Business. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preventative maintenance/safety
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- If certified for pool maintenance, clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Needs to be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfer to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
- Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc. Perform routine maintenance on property as requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist with various physical tasks as directed; e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
- Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested by the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Help clean and maintain storage areas.
- Perform interior and exterior painting duties when requested.
- Complete minor and routine service requests when requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor. Follow procedures when service requests are performed.
- Change locks, make keys when directed.
- Distribute resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Safely operate pressure washer to maintain curb appeal.
- Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain good relations with residents at all times.
- Attend meetings, training classes and resident retention activities as directed.
- Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required. It may be necessary to work weekends.
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of various hand tools, power tools, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role.
- At least 2 years of experience in maintenance or grounds keeping role.
Bonaventure is seeking highly motivated, career oriented, individuals who function well in a team environment. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and accountable for achieving results. Working hard, and having a great time doing it, is an integral part of every successful Bonaventure employee.
Candidates will be required to pass a credit check, background screening, and drug test.